On July 14, 2020, the Board of Education approved the creation of a school-based Later School Start Time Committee with the following members:
- Jonathan Budd, Ph.D., Assistant Superintendent, Chair
- Jack Allen '21
- Gabriella Biondi '21
- Meredith Chamberlain, parent
- Britney Cullinan, parent
- Cooper Dayton '22
- Thomas Edwards, Trumbull High School Science Department Chair
- Keira Grant '21
- Marc Guarino, Principal, Trumbull High School
- Michael King, Trumbull High School Athletic Director
- Marylena Kourounis, parent
- Amy Lehaney, parent
- Rob Martini, parent
- John Mastrianni, President, Trumbull Education Association
- Kenneth McCabe, Executive Director, Trumbull Loves Children
- Frank Modugno, community representative
- Jennifer Neumeyer, Principal, Tashua Elementary School
- Dawn Perkins, Transportation Coordinator
- Bryan Rickert, Principal, Hillcrest Middle School
- Stuart Schwartz, community representative
- Sara Scrofani, Trumbull High School technology integration specialist
At the Board's July 14, 2020, meeting, Dr. Budd presented a detailed plan that was discussed and endorsed by the Board, including the Committee's specific charge, timeline, transparency steps, subcommittees, and expanded membership. The presentation to the BOE is available by clicking here.
The first meeting of the Committee was held Tuesday, July 21, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.
Relevant background includes:
- On February 26, 2019, the work of a prior exploratory committee was presented to the Board by consultant Jonathan Costa. Please click here for a copy of that presentation.
- On March 10, 2020, Sarah Raskin, Ph.D., presented to the Board the positive impact of later school start times on adolescent health. Please click here for a copy of that presentation.